The Democratic Nursing Organisation of South Africa (DENOSA)
Is a voluntary organisation for South African nurses and midwifery professionals.
DENOSA aims to safe guard and promote the dignity, rights, and socio-economic status of members in the nursing profession. Its professional and union solidarity impacts beyond the borders of South Africa on the rest of the world. DENOSA
champions the rights of professionals and helps to ensure that members have an acceptable working life and a balance between their career demands and social requirements. To uplift the health of the South African population, DENOSA operates through a network of quality nurses and midwives and ensure an effective health service system. DENOSA also participates in policy-making bodies affecting health at district, provincial, national and international levels.
All paid-up members of DENOSA qualify for the following benefits:
• Salary negotiations on behalf of members.
• Indemnity Insurance.
• Assistance in statement writing is available
• Legal representation (at DENOSA’s discretion)
• Compulsory Group Funeral Scheme.
• Group Funeral Scheme packages.
• Free advice regarding professional and work related issues can be obtained from Provincial Offices.
• Grievance and disciplinary representation as needed.
• Nursing Update (bi-monthly professional magazine).
• Curationis available to subscribers.
• 10% discount on cash purchases of books sold at DENOSA.
• Bursaries / Travel grant.
• Access to training and seminars of DENOSA at special tariffs as advertised.
• DENOSA Loyalty programme.
For more information on Denosa membership please contact:
Business Trading Name: DENOSA
Reference No: Membership No
Name of bank: FNB
City/ town of Bank: Pretoria
Bank Account No: 514 251 652 84
Type of Account: Cheque
Branch Code: 251 445 00
Fax No: (012) 343-3622
Kindly note: As of the 01st of May 2023 Membership fee will be R100 per month for all Nurses. Student and Retired membership fees remain the same.
• Monthly subscription is R36 for students per month and R86 for all nurses per month.
• Members paying over the counter or in the bank a 12 month payment is advised.