As it was reported in the last correspondence that on 18 August 2022 parties reached a deadlock on public sector salary negotiations in PSCBC. Labour and Employer agreed to engage on facilitation process in order to take the negotiations forward.
PSCBC appointed an independent facilitator to assist the parties. The facilitation started on 26 August and concluded on 30 August.
The outcomes of the facilitation process:
1. Term of Agreement – Single.
2. Continuation of Current Cash Gratuity of average R1000 until 31 March 2023.
3. Sectors will continue in paying pay progression of 1.5% following their respective collective agreements.
4. The Employer is offering Final Offer of 3% from 2%.
5. The Employer will back pay the 3% with effect from 1 April 2022. Before the facilitation, Employer stated that there will be no Back Pay.
Following the facilitation process, the Employer tabled Draft Agreement in PSCBC for consideration by Labour. As provided by the Constitution of PSCBC, Labour has 21 Days to look at the Draft Agreement.
It is against this background that DENOSA is seeking a mandate from its members through constitutional structures if we should consider what the employer has tabled. The response from the structures is expected by 14 September 2022.
31 August 2022